Monday 12 March 2012

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary tex


Having thought about the music video I thought the presentation of my Digipak and poster must reflect the band as a whole. I decided to use the theme colours from the video red, white and black in both products I made. The video contains hidden references to our band such as the rose at the beginning falling to the ground and having a red rose air fresheners hanging from the mirror in the car with be a perfect reference to carry on within my products. Besides the fact the roses is part of the bands name.


My Poster and Digipak are themed in the colours of red white and red like the music video. I also made the roses a main feature in both products. I kept the codes and conventions of a girl band by having them all on the front cover together on the Digipak and having different images linking them all together. I also included the record label for our product SONY BMG and the copyright part plus the logos and website addresses which are all elements needed on the Digipak to give the audience details on the band.
My Digipak is a six sided piece with the top part flipped so if it were folded it would make an actual Digipak. I made more song names that to me fitted in with the whole image and style of the band, dark and edgy but still having that sexy girl band look. I used roses as a border on three of my panels to link in with the names and kept to the theme colours we had chosen for the band. I wanted to also have a panel where each band member was in black and white with a red splatter as the background. This makes a contrast to the front cover as that is light and fresh looking with this bottom left panel is more dark and mysterious.

In the poster I thought it would be a good idea to have a picture of the album cover on the poster so audiences would establish it the same album. I also decided to have the song to our music video ‘Scandalous’ as the Albums name. Simply because it would be the products first release song off the album and to prompt audiences to buy the rest of the album.
It keeping in touch with the Digipak and poster I carried on the roses idea and having it as a main feature for my poster. I used the images I edited as well because they were black and white, again staying the theme. The date I have choosen is also valentines days so having red as a dominant colour on the poster would attract audiences in because of Valentines Day.
I also made sure the record label, stores and websites were added at the bottom as they are key element to have on a album release poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment